Friday, January 05, 2007

What the New Year Brings....

What the New Year brings is the unknown. So far we have a few exciting things planned:
On Christmas Day, we found out that Paul's mother got engaged. Her boyfriend works for Boeing and has been asked to work on a project in Italy. So not only are they getting married, but they are moving to Italy! On they day before New Years Eve, we found out that they are getting married on Jan 14th! So we had to make a quick scramble to get some flights to Montana which is no small feat considering a few things that are challenges in that respect.

So I suspect that a trip to Italy is in the cards for this year. We'll have to wait until they get settled but I'm already thinking of when we can go and for how long. Italy certainly wasn't on the agenda for 2007 but I think I can make an exception!

In February, we'll be going to Flordia to visit my Mother and Brother. We'll be attending the Daytona 500 for the 2nd time. This will be so much fun, I can't wait to go and to see my mother as well. We went with them 2 years ago and I'm hoping that we can make this more of an annual event now that we have purchased our own tickets (when you have your own tickets you get first 'dibs' on tickets for the following year with the hopes of upgrading if possible).

Knitting in 2007:
My first sweater
Finish the child's sweater that I started in 2006
More warshrags (of course!)
My first socks
Finish first felted bag WIP

Hmmm... I think I need to work on that list.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Everything sounds great, sis.

Anonymous said...

nice to have some special trips and goals for the new year.

Anonymous said...

this madeleine

i love your new pattern and i like to have it to do it myself

love cousines